Corporate Counseling & Government Relations
& Family Law
& Family Law
Estate Planning & Probate
Elizabeth A. Parker
Elizabeth A. Parker is an advocate and counselor in all aspects of family law, including divorce, complex support, property distribution, protection from abuse, and child custody. She is an experienced litigator and is trained in the collaborative process. Ms. Parker has been admitted to the practice of law by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and the U.S. District Court of Western Pennsylvania. She was recently named “Top 10 Under 40” by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys and “Top 40 Under 40” by the National Advocates.
Attorney Parker has lectured at and organized many Continuing Legal Education programs through the Allegheny County Bar Foundation. She was a guest speaker at the ABA Equal Justice Conference in Portland, Oregon, and lectured at the Pennsylvania Conference of State Trial Judges. She has authored several articles through the ACBA Lawyers Journal. Ms. Parker co-authored the Eleventh and Twelfth Editions of the Pennsylvania Family Law Citator.
Prior to joining Frank Gale Bails Murcko & Pocrass, Ms. Parker gained extensive experience in the field of family law through her work in both the non-profit and private sectors. She has developed a holistic approach in family law matters that focuses on each client’s well-being and provides tailored attention to each client’s particular needs. Ms. Parker is delighted to work beside the best and brightest attorneys in the city of Pittsburgh, and looks forward to continued service to her clients.
Ms. Parker received her Juris Doctor from the Duquesne University School of Law where she was the recipient of the Equal Justice America Fellowship. Through this fellowship, she worked with Neighborhood Legal Services to aid and represent victims of domestic violence. She earned her baccalaureate, magna cum laude, from Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa Honors Fraternity.
Attorney Parker serves on the Board of Directors of the Neighborhood Legal Services Association, a non-profit, public interest law firm that provides civil legal assistance to residents of Allegheny, Beaver, Butler and Lawrence Counties. She is a member of the Collaborative Law Association of Southwestern Pennsylvania (“CLASP”), Matrimonial Inns of Court, Pennsylvania Bar Association, and the Allegheny County Bar Association.
In addition to her commitment to legal services and the legal community, Ms. Parker also serves on the Board of Directors of the State YMCA of Pennsylvania. Through a mock-government program called “Youth and Government”, the State YMCA educates hundreds of high school students each year. Ms. Parker continues to lead educational workshops and provide guidance for the students in the judicial branch of this program.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 2012
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2012
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- PA Family Law Citator, PBI, 11th and 12th Editions, Years 2017-2020
- Contributor, ACBA Lawyers Journal, Years 2013-2015
- Interim Custody Orders, Inns of Court, 2019
- Jury Deliberations, PA Conf of Judges, 2015
- Equal Justice Conference, Portland, OR, 2014
- Divorce Law Project CLE, ACBF, 2013
Honors and Awards
- 10 Best - PA, Client Satisfaction, American Inst. of Family Law Attys, 2020 - Present
- Top 10 Under 40, Nat'l Academy of Family Law Attys, 2019 - Present
- Top 40 Under 40, The Nat'l Advocates, 2019 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Collaborative Law Assoc of SW PA (CLASP), 2020 to Present
- Matrimonial Inns of Court, 2018 to Present
- PA Bar Association, 2012 to Present
- Allegheny County Bar Association, 2009 to Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Neighborhood Legal Services, Board of Directors, 2017 to Present
- State Y of PA, Youth and Government, Volunteer and Board of Directors, 2005 to Present
- Phi Beta Kappa