Jon Dotts is an Associate at Frank, Gale, Bails, & Pocrass, P.C. where his primary areas of practice are on family law, estate planning, and corporate counseling. He also has experience in adoptions and criminal matters.
During his time as a law clerk for the Honorable Jesse Pettit and the Honorable Katherine Emery in Washington County, PA, he acquired invaluable courtroom and drafting skills. His background allowed him to work closely with two court of common pleas judges in a wide arrange of areas. This experience provides him with the tools and intuition to identify problems before they arise and anticipate potential solutions. He finds nothing more satisfying than providing sound, tactful solutions to the problems and issues of his clients.
During law school, Jon volunteered at the Central Pennsylvania Law Clinic where he assisted clients with divorce, custody, estate and bankruptcy matters. He was also a finalist in the Herbert Wechsler National Criminal Moot Court competition. Jon's background gives him insight into the mindsets of judges and a passion for litigation that he got to witness from the prospective of the litigator and the judge.
In his free time, he enjoys engaging with the local community and mentoring the youth as a little league baseball umpire.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Pennsylvania, 2021
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- Widener University Commonwealth Law School, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2021
- Honors: cum laude
- Washington & Jefferson College, Washington, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association, 2021 to Present
- Washington County Bar Association, 2021 to Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2021 to Present
- The Honorable Jesse Pettit, Law Clerk, 2022 to 2023
- The Honorable Katherine Emery, Law Clerk, 2021 to 2022
- CALI AWARD: Professional Responsibility; Advanced Criminal Procedure; and Business Organizations